Friday, July 29, 2011

3 More Sleeps

and then I will be on my layoff.

I am so ready for a break. I miss everyone at home and am excited to sleep in my own bed and shower in my shower. As some of you know, our shower head is something to miss. It's amazing. I always seem to forget how hard being out on the road it until I'm here. I come home and say "I'm not going on tour any more" and then the next time an offer comes up, there I go! Hopefully this really will be the last tour unless I get offered a dream role and get paid lots and lots and lots of money.

I have been enjoying Dallas a lot, especially the Spanish music station that plays lots of Shakira AND Juanes. I mean, really, I may have to move here (just kidding). Something I won't miss is the heat.Yea. I love air conditioning.

Today I had my first Thai massage. A couple of the girls in the cast had been talking about how great/interesting their massages had been so I had to try it. The guy looked a bit like Seth Rogan, but with a much more zen vibe. For Thai massage you stay clothed and the work is more assisted stretching and almost like acupressure. It was awesome. He talked a lot about how things in the body are connected and my shoulder tension relates to the opposite hip which could be where my TMJ comes from, etc. It was 90 minutes and I felt like I walked out with a new body. I had gone to yoga before the massage which I think was a good choice and I am looking forward to the epsom salt bath waiting for me at home.

We are definitely at that point in tour where we are all getting a little stir crazy. I think that since we go home soon it makes us even crazier. Exhibit A:
Just another day at the office.

I'm so exhausted and have been sleeping a lot. Must be the heat. Today at 7pm it was 105. It's crazy. You just can't do anything outside. You know it's out of control when you go into the hot yoga studio and think it feels cool. Ugh.

Alright, time for an Act 2 stretch and maybe a nap in the rehearsal studio.

No comments: