Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Day Off!!!

FINALLY!!!

Sunday night was the last show for one of our fabulous cast members, Rod Roberts. I mentioned in my last post that we were going to the Doublewide afterward and oh boy did we go to the Doublewide.
Sunday nights are $3 U-Call-Its. This means anything you order is $3. Even top shelf. I helped myself to a $3 kettle one and soda, but couldn't keep that up for too long so I switched it to my other favorite classy cocktail.
A PBR, a deep lunge all with animal heads in the background. Just like how we do it on the Jersey Shore (haha, yea right).

We had a great time and thus began the outdoor photo shoot. Although there are MANY winners, I will post only my favorite.
Needless to say, we had a great time there. Cheap drinks, great company and since the bar was empty we could run around and dance as much as we liked.

Thus began our day off.

I ran some errands and then met up Valerie who was my roommate when I studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain. She and I had touched base about meeting up later in the week as she lives in Fort Worth, but she came into Dallas last minute with her parents and checked to see if I was free so we met up for coffee. We had a great time and it was a wonderful surprise.


After recovering from my "headache," Deacon and I headed to the Texas Rangers' baseball game!
One of the financial people here at the theatre has access to two luxury boxes at the stadium and gave us tickets to what turned out to be a pretty crazy game. When we left at the top of the seventh inning the score was Texas 18, Minnesota 1. I'm telling you the heat here in no joke. When we got to the stadium, with the heat index, it was 116 degrees. The final score was Texas 20, Minnesota 6.

From ESPN.com: "By the time they stopped they had the biggest offensive night in baseball this season and accomplished a feat only done two other times in the last 111 years en route to a 20-6 defeat of the Minnesota Twins on Monday night."

I honestly think the heat must have had something to do with it. If these guys had been even slightly dehydrated or otherwise depleted before the game, there was just nothing they could do. I felt sick form having to walk from the car, across the parking lot, up an escalator and a flight of stairs before I got to AC and they were outside for 3 hours playing baseball. I bet they all feel like garbage today. I hope they all got some Coconut water last night and this morning.

Besides the free food and beer in the box, my favorite thing about the game was that every time Texas got a run, four girls with flags would run around this sort of side field that was out in the bleachers.




THEN the best thing every happened. The woman who has the luxury box told us about Billy Bob's. The world' largest HONKY TONK!You can rent the place out, but remember, no more than 6,000 guests please. Yea, it's really that big. I couldn't get a good picture, but inside there is a full out bull riding rink. On Friday and Saturday nights at 8 and 10pm there are rodeos you can pay to see for the bargain price of $2.50. Sarah was REALLY excited.

Working our way back to the dance floor area I made a friend!
And then Christina made a friend too!
Then it was time to hit the dance floor! There were a lot of authentic dancers there so we were a little intimidated at first for the line dancing, but we jumped up there and picked up quickly. There was some original incarnation of the electric slide followed by the cha cha slide followed by the 90s version of the electric slide. We really killed it.
we had a ton of fun and even did some partner dancing. Sarah is really good at leading, but then I got too dizzy to go on. Hahaha. I tried to load a video, but it's taking FOREVER. I'll try to post it again another time.

It was a really great day off, but not too restful so I did NOTHING today. Literally woke up at 1pm, had a delicious cheeseburger at 2:30pm, laid around a little more then got my stuff together to come to the theatre for a put in rehearsal for Rod's replacement Lee (who is awesome) and the show! I'm now going to finish up this post and go work out during Act I as I have been eating and drinking like I don't have to be in a leotard at an audition next week. It's time to book that Broadway show!!!

No comments: