Sunday, July 24, 2011

More on Dallas

Hi everyone!

I don't know if it is the heat, having to be in the cold theatre so much this week or the food, but I am EXHAUSTED! Probably the fact that I have gone to bed at about 3am every day this week hasn't helped. I wanted to go to bed early tonight, but one of our cast members, Rod Roberts, is leaving tomorrow to go do Peter Pan. We are sad to see him go, but I'm excited to go to a bar called "The Doublewide" to bid him farewell. I have a feeling I'll get some good shots there tonight so stay on the lookout for those.

My food adventures have continued here in Dallas. Deacon and I went for Mexican food at Gloria's and were not disappointed. We had a ceviche sampler and then I have shrimp enchiladas verdes. Now, I love guacamole, chips and salsa and tacos, but overall I'm not really someone who is a big fan of Mexican food. So I was surprised by how much I liked our meal.
It looks like I'm on a tropical vacation, right?

We watched the movie Lincoln Lawyer last night and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I don't usually like movies like that, but the cast looked really good and the movie was really good. There were some moments that were a little cheeseball for my taste, but whatever, the rest of it was fun.

Today between shows it was time for BBQ. I've been here nearly a week so it was about time. I have to admit I think my body was pretty happy about the break. I'm just not used to eating so heavily and I need to quit it in the next day or so if I want to book a Broadway show during our layoff.

On our drive we got a great view of Dallas.
Clear blue sky? I'll take it.

We first tried to go to a BBQ place recommended by another cast member, but they are closed on Sundays (which I take as a sign of it being AWESOME), then we tried Sweet Georgia Brown's, but the line was SO long and mostly outside and it's about 106 degrees. Finally, we went one of Deacon's favorite places called Baker's Ribs.
Everything was really great. The ribs are done differently here. Dry and then you add the sauce when you eat it. I'm a fan. The sauce here was really great and the potato salad had dill in it (mom, you would have loved it) and some sort of vinegar that gave it a real zesty flavor. Brad, take note of the fixins bar.

I didn't have any of the complimentary ice cream, but I think it's really awesome that they offer it.

Now we are back at the theatre for round 2. I am really tired and kinda cranky. I think I see a backstage nap in my near future.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: